Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gallagher Series by Ally Carter


     The Gallagher Girl series, all six of them, were much better than I expected them to be. I remember reading the first one (a long, long time ago), and not knowing there would be anymore, so I didn’t look for them. Randomly stumbling upon them in the bookstore, I didn’t really think twice about them. I don’t know what made me decide that I really wanted to read these (even though I really felt like I might be a bit too old), but I am very glad I did. If you read the first one, you too might think you are too old for them, but I urge you to continue on. This series changed into something I definitely didn’t expect it to change into. It gets better and better each book, and it really is a thrilling and enthralling ride. This series takes you through the school years of Cammie, and her friends, as they navigate their lives through spy schools, secret organizations that go back as far President Lincoln, and a plot to destroy everything.

     I am giving this series, as a whole, a four. The first book was my least favorite, but I think that is because it was more of an introduction novel than anything else. There were some characters I wanted to see more of (Josh), and some that I wish weren’t dead. There were a lot of twists that I never (ever) saw coming, and the one that I thought (and was really hoping) was coming, never did. The characters were all so much more than I thought they would be, and all very well developed. I think the author did a great job with the dialogue, and with the relationships between the characters. I think she also did a tremendous job with the locations and situations the characters were put into. This series was funny, suspenseful, entertaining, and much better than I expected. True to one the series titles, you really can’t judge a book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment