Monday, November 10, 2014

The Elite by Kiera Cass

     The second book in The Selection series, The Elite, answered some of the questions I had, but also created a lot more. Prince Maxon is something of an enigma, and I can’t tell if I love him or hate him. I also think that America is acting like an idiot sneaking around to see Aspen. Did she not witness, first hand, what happened to the other girl (notice how I didn’t tell you the name? I’m so good at not giving out spoilers)?! I really thought (aka was hoping) that Aspen was going to die during a rebel attack in this book; he doesn’t. I don’t know why, but I just really don’t like his character at all. It doesn’t make sense that he wanted America to participate in the selection so she could have a chance for something more, and then goes about trying to ruin it. I also HATE the king. You will also hate the king after reading this (if you don’t, you’re wrong).

     This book definitely was a little bit better than the last one. I’m giving this one a four, mostly because it actually answered some questions I wanted answered. I think this book went a lot further with the character development for the main characters. We got to see about twenty different sides of the prince’s personality, and learn a little bit more about some of the other girls in the selection, and America’s father (who reminds me a refined kind of hippy that’s actually kind of cool). I’m really excited to start the next book, not because I care about what happens in the Selection, but because I want to know what happens in the country and if there’s a change in the castes, and what it is exactly that the rebels are looking for. SEE! So many questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment