Sunday, November 2, 2014

Awakened by P.C. and Kristin Cast

     Awakened, the next book in the House of Night series, was just a whole mess of ridiculousness. I want to make a Pinocchio joke in reference to a character, (and actually thought of it for the blog while I was reading) but realized that: a) I would be giving stuff away that I am so not giving away, and b) I will, more than likely, be able to make a Pinocchio joke about ANOTHER character in my next entry. I flew through this book. I can’t even tell you what about it made it fly by so fast (other than I have no life apart from reading). There was no character development in this book, there was a whole lot of serious character CHANGE going on. There were so many different things going on, and I just cannot tell you any of them because you need to read about them for yourself. What I can tell you is that I love Rephaim even more than I did before, and I am beyond pleased with Stevie Rae and her coming clean on some things. I will also give away that she finally talks to her mama (who she still hadn’t told that she was undead!), and there is one part that may or may not make you cry (please note that I am a giant crybaby though; it does not take much to make me leak from the eyes).

     4.5! This would have been a five if Nyx would have just put things out in the open (if the characters need to stop hiding things, than she can stop being so f’ing mysterious when she manifests). The truth coming out for some things really made this book better. I’ll be honest, I wanted as much of Stevie Rae’s and Raphiem’s stories as they would give me, and every little bit I got made this book that much better. I also really liked how consequences were appropriate, and not too harsh, for the characters that received them. The ending of this book though, the ending of this book! It is a good thing I don’t have to go to sleep yet, because I do believe I will be continuing on and reading until my eyes can no longer bear it. I would like to suggest that you follow my lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment