Wednesday, November 26, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart


     We Were Liars. THIS BOOK!!! This book was about Cadence, and what happened in Summer Fifteen, as well as what is happening in Summer Seventeen. This story chronicles the adventures (and the misadventures) of “the liars” during their summers at Martha’s Vineyard. There is a lot more going on though, like the Aunties’ bitter feuds with each other (and their father) over their inheritances, the broken families that each of them seemed to have suffered, and the migraines and everything that Cadence seems to be forgetting about what happened in Summer Fifteen. This book was about memories and remembering, and pain, and love, and hard truths. This book was absolutely amazing.
“A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate political boy.
A group of four friends- the Liars- whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True Love.
The truth.”

     I am giving this book a solid five. The way this book was written made it a very interesting, fun, and fast read. I did not want to put it down at all (which made stopping to go back to work while reading on my lunch break very difficult). The characters were all really greatly written, and while I detested some of them (the grandfather), I couldn’t help but love a lot of them. The twists in this book…it was wonderful and heart wrenching all at the same time. It was not at all what I expected. I want to read more and more and more of this. I want there to be more to this story at the end, but I know that, sadly, there cannot be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment