Monday, November 10, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass

     The last book in the Selection series, The One, has by far been my favorite. This book answered all of the questions I had (finally!) from the previous stories, and shocked me quite a few times with some of the things the characters stood for. While there were a lot of sad parts, there were a lot of funny parts to even it out. This book really delivered exactly what I was hoping it would. There were a lot of characters in here that you learned more about and loved (Celeste) or hated (Kota) even more (the king). We got to see a lot more about the rebels, more the northern rebels than the southern ones, but that definitely made it more interesting. So much happened in this story, and while I think the love story was a bit predictable, that was actually something I am really glad stayed constant.

     I’m giving this book a 4.5. The characters got better and better as the story wore on, and the humorous parts were some of my favorites. I really liked how the author tied the rebels into everything. The father character for America, and everything she came to in her little realizations about him, were absolutely fantastic. I had my ideas on that, and I was glad to see that I wasn’t wrong. In the end, this books was more political than love story status, and while I do love a good happy ever after, I loved the political aspects in this book more. The love story made it a better read, and gave it more character, but I think the themes in this book were way more than that, and absolutely perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment