Monday, November 3, 2014

Hidden by P.C. and Kristin Cast

     Hidden, book ten, was absolutely phenomenal. From start to finish this book was just really good. The official breaking up of the twins, and really getting to see them as separate entities was pretty fantastic. I also take back what I said about Shaylin and not caring about whether or not she was a part of the next few books. I was wrong. I also foresee her and Aphrodite becoming close (even though at this point that would equate with hell freezing over). The one part of this book that did not need to happen, that I don’t ever want to read about again, was Neferet killing a cat. There did not need to be any gruesome detail (at the same time I am extremely biased, I love cats more than people and have recently lost one of my own). That terribleness aside, seeing Erik actually do something nice, and not act like a huge jerk (look at me censoring myself like an adult) was a good change that was long needed.

     I have to give this book at least a 4. There wasn’t a whole mess of the usual bickering we often have to read. There was more action, and growing up, especially for Zoey (it’s about damn time someone told her to stop crying) in this one than in the previous (at least more so throughout the entire book). One theme that continues to be prevalent in these books is giving others second chances. For those characters that want them and prove themselves, reading about those changes has been very interesting and enjoyable. Even for those who are pretending, seeing justice come in and kick their behinds has been fun. This book, as with most of the others, left me hanging and wanting more, which will surely leave me exhausted and hoping to sneak a peeks at my book tomorrow. Here’s hoping I stay strong against it, and if I can’t, that I don’t get fired (I’m mostly just kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment