Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Waiting Room by Alysha Kaye


     The Waiting Room was my first request from an author to read and review, so naturally it’s going to hold a special place in my heart forever (this would have been whether I loved it or hated it). When I read the summary on Amazon for this book, I honestly didn’t think I was going to like it. It just didn’t give you enough. …Then I read the story. The summary is pretty accurate, and I think, that after reading this book, I understand why it couldn’t give more away; it would be giving the whole story away. This isn’t just some ordinary love story (not to be a GIANT cliché or anything), it is about so much more than just love, and it is about one and one hundred love stories, all at the same time.

     This book, to me, is definitely a 4.5. This was unlike anything I have ever read before (there could be more in this kind of genre, but I haven’t read them yet). I don’t think I would have picked it out were it not for being asked to read it. I am so glad I was asked to read it. The stories within the story are beautiful. There was not one instance where I didn’t like what they were doing or who the characters were. This book was uplifting (and I usually hate that overly optimistic stuff), but not in a way that made you want to vomit sparkles, and rainbows, and the sound of children’s laughter. It makes the idea of death not so scary, which is something I think most people fear. I’m not trying to start a discussion on what happens after you die, or to say anyone is right or wrong, but this book made me want to believe in something a little bit more than I had imagined. The writing in this book was very well done. The dialogue was all very well done, believable, and interesting. Some stuff was funny, and I was glad for the comic relief, it was placed appropriately and that really matters in a book like this. The only part I didn’t like, but at the same time loved, was the ending. It left you hanging in a way you could appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment