Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Revealed by P.C. and Kristin Cast

     Revealed, the next book in the House of Night series (I should really come up with a better opening sentence), was unlike any of the other books. The feel of it was just completely and totally 100% different. It was much darker than the others, much bleaker, and there were a lot of shocking things that took place. Kalona continues to surprise and please me, as he grows, and his brother (who is supposed to be the good one) is seriously annoying. The whole Seer stone thing, being almost exactly like one of the horcruxes from Harry Potter, was not lost on me either. I really, very much, disliked that part.

     I don’t know whether I think this book was really great or really good. It was important for the overall series. I know that much, but it was also very much, even more so than the others, a leading up to something book. I didn’t realize I was at the end (damn you e-books), when the book was just finished. I might have said a big what the eff when it read, “the end.” I think, even though this was a leading up to novel, that it merits a 3.7. It was not quite at that four potential, but again I don’t think the point of this book was to be big and explosive in the way the others were. I think this book was exactly what it was supposed to be, and is very much setting us up for the big stuff that is about to happen. With that being said, I think it actually is a four. While there wasn’t a great amount of action, there was a great deal going on. I want to tell you all of it. I want to give away all of the book, and the crazy stuff that goes down, but instead I’m going to leave you with the links to buy and read this book yourself, and then get going on the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment