Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Redeemed by P.C. and Kristin Cast

     Redeemed, book twelve (TWELVE), and quite sadly the last in the House of Night series, was exactly what I wanted from beginning to end. There were many things that I wish didn’t happen (those deaths though), but I know they needed to for the story to be what it was. I can say that I never truly trusted Thanatos until the end, and she really just made me so happy in her role in this last book. There were so many characters, and so many moments, that just stood out and really shined in this book, the touching moment between Zoey and Aphrodite definitely being one of my favorites.

     I am giving this book a five, because after everything we’ve had to go through in these stories, the authors really came through for us in the end. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting, but I knew what I was hoping for, and that is exactly what I got. The fact that the book seemed so dark and gray in the beginning, and then slowly grew to be less gray until it shone, was something that really surprised and pleased me in this one. I wasn’t sure if that foreboding shadow that darkened the feel of this book would really go away, but one character’s death is what actually made things feel a lot less gloomy (it’s not who you think and no I am not telling you who!). There were many times when I have read a book, especially a series, and they don't give me a really good epilogue. This book gives you a really great epilogue; so while you’re sad that it is done, you’re happy you’re not left wanting (let’s be real: NEEDING) more. I think I could probably read quite a few more books (not twelve more though) that just show the characters being normal and not fighting for their lives, but sadly that is not to become. I wish I could say “until next time, merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again,” but alas, this is the last book.

No comments:

Post a Comment