Saturday, November 1, 2014

Burned by P.C. and Kristin Cast


     Burned, the next book in the House of Night series, was completely and totally different from the other books so far. This one was told from quite a few different perspectives than the others, with Zoey’s voice being heard the least (which makes sense, seeing as how her soul was shattered and all). There was so much about this book, compared to the others that I absolutely loved (writing this, and not immediately diving headfirst into the next book, is a serious challenge). I think, and from the other character’s points of view it would be considered awful of me, that Rephaim was my favorite character. While all of the others, Aphrodite especially, were really wonderful, they didn’t have that raw bluntness that he had. As much as I love the nerd herd too, I’m really glad they didn’t have as much of a prominent role in this one as they have in the past books.

     I am giving this a 4.4 (why the .4 I can’t really explain, other than it just feels right). This book wasn’t exactly all action, but it was more of a journey and growing up novel for a lot of the characters. This also means that there wasn’t a lot of “high school” type drama that we’ve seen in some of the previous books. I really, really loved how much more of a role Stevie Rae played in this than in the past. I think her character really helped make this book what it was, and I think she’ll continue to have bigger parts in the next few as well. This book was also, while serious in many parts, sometimes funny. There were a few parts that had me laughing out loud (mostly from Aphrodite’s big mouth), and I think this book needed, and got, the few pieces of comic relief that it had. Overall, I’m excited to start the next book and am letting that color how much content I can continue to put into this review. If that’s not a selling point for you, you’re wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment