Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tempted by P.C. and Kristin Cast

     Tempted, the next in the House of Night series, stays very true to the title that claims it (if you’ve been reading the books then you will get my terribly awesome pun). There are a lot of different things going on in this book, and there are a few times when you really didn’t know how to feel about Stevie Rae,  or some of the other characters (not Erik though, for the most part he plays his biggest d-bag role yet…another terrible pun if you’ve been reading). It feels like a lot more happened in this book than the others. The main theme in this book seems to be temptations, and which ones are worth fighting for and those that desperately need to be fought against. There seems to be a lot dealing with and telling/not telling of the truth as well. One of the things in this book that I really liked was Heath and Stark actually getting along, and acting like the parts they are meant to play in Zoey’s life.

     Rating this book is a little difficult for me. It was a really good read (I started and finished this book today, on top of working), but I’m not sure exactly that it warrants the full four I’m considering giving it. While there were a lot of good points, and no actual negative things that come to mind just now, I feel like something was missing. Plus, eff you ending, you’re hurting my heart. I’m not going to tell you the ending other than I knew it was coming and wanted to put reading it. I still remember the first I read it and I hated it then too. I think, overall, I can safely give this book a 3.8. While I was not pleased with how this one ends, the book was still a good read. I don’t recommend reading this book out of order, but get your butt through the others and get to reading this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment