Sunday, October 19, 2014

Lovers and Dreamers (Trilogy) by Nora Roberts


     Lovers and Dreamers is a true enough title for this trilogy. It may be one of the many trilogies Nora Robert’s has written, but not many can measure up in terms of perfection. All three stories take you into the lives of three young women who had held what they thought were their dreams, and then had them  stolen away from them, only to rise from the ashes of their broken dreams (such a clichĂ©, but absolutely perfect) and find new ones. The only character to not change what her dream was, but to realize it in a new person, was Laura, in the last story. I put off finishing the last in the series for as long as I could (I even opted to clean the bathroom to put it off), because I just wasn’t ready for the conclusion of their stories. Even having read this trilogy many times over (the picture above is my actual copy that I bought brand new), and knowing what happens, I still didn’t want to stop reading. I was fruitlessly hoping for there to be pages magically added to the ending, making it go on forever.

     This trilogy is getting a 5. I wouldn’t have read it so many times if it didn’t deserve it. My usual telling’s of the writing being done well, and the dialogue sharp, still stands true in these books. There are parts of dialogue in these stories, and certain actions the characters perform, that I know are coming and actively look forward too. I laugh giddily and then share the stories with my fiancĂ© (he doesn’t get them, he wasn’t there). This trilogy is memorable because it’s not so farfetched that it is some fantastical fictional story, but the perfect hints of humor, hurt, pain, love, and a strong bond of friendship that lasts for lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment