Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When it Rains by Lisa De Jong


When it rains, or more appropriately named I’m going to make you cry a whole bunch. I know it has been a while since I’ve reviewed a book, but this book made it difficult. This story has quite a few heavy hitting feels (maybe too many). It shows you a girl’s journey through healing, loving, trusting, and a whole lot of hurting.
I’ve been hurt.
I’ve been saved.
And I’ve found hope.
I thought that my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…
Again.

I have to give this book a three. It just didn’t do it for me. The writing was good, and the characters were okay, but the story was too much. There was something about it that didn’t feel genuine (yes I know this is fiction, but you know what I mean). There wasn’t anything that was done especially poorly. I cried a whole lot while reading it, but I think it was just too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment