Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Heist Society by Ally Carter


     Heist Society, by the ever entertaining Ally Carter, was once again, not what I expected. Now, granted I didn’t read the book description, I just went off of the cover, and the fact that after I finished the Gallagher Girls series, I wanted to keep reading her books. All of this though, is beside the point. The first book in this series was, very much, a good read. In this book we find the main character, Katarina, about to be in trouble at her new private school for putting her headmaster’s car on top of a fountain. She has quit the thief live for good, and just wants to be a normal girl getting an education. Unfortunately, someone (a mob man is my best guess) thinks that Kat’s dad stole his precious paintings, and he’s only giving two weeks until he starts hurting the people Kat loves…her family (which is also a ring of thieves). This book takes them all over the world as they try and figure out who actually took the paintings, why, and how in the hell they are going to get them back.

     I’m giving this book a four. It was a very fast and entertaining read. I loved the brother characters more than anyone else. They were very funny, and perfectly mischievous. The rest of the characters were also very well done, but the brothers were my favorites. I liked this book because it intertwined a few things from the Gallagher Girls series, and I was really, really hoping it would (who’s excited to get to the crossover book? This girl!). The only thing I wasn’t too sure about in this book was the narration. It may be that I just didn’t pay enough attention to the narration, and only felt like it switched, but, for the most part, I just wish it would have exclusively from Kat’s point of view. As I mentioned before, this book was funny (thanks to the brothers), but it also had a sense of danger and suspense attached to it that I was really happy about. It had a few twists that I didn’t expect, but not so many that I was over it. Overall, I’m excited to get started on this next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment