Monday, December 29, 2014

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han


     "What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them...all at once?
Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hat box her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved- five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's live life goes from imaginary to out of control." Sounds like it"ll be a fun read right?
    I am giving this book a 2. I don't like not enjoying a book, almost as much as I don't like giving a bad review. The book wasn't written terribly, nor was it covered in grammatical errors. The story itself is what killed me, and the ending. I was pretty p'd off after that ending to be honest with you. I like conflicts to have resolutions, and I don't like cliffhanger type endings when there is no second book. Be prepared, because that is what happens in this one. There was also something about the way the way the characters acted and spoke that just didn't feel real to me. It felt entirely too made up, when it didn't have to, and I think that was one of the biggest problems for me. I wanted so hard to like this book, and I kept waiting for it to get better, but there were only bits and pieces of it that I truly enjoyed. The only character who really made me happy was Kitty. She was perfect, and also the reason this is getting a two.

No comments:

Post a Comment