Friday, December 5, 2014

Private by Kate Brian


     Private, the first book in the Private Series by Kate Brian, started out slow, but picked up real quick. I started this series a long, long time ago (sound familiar House of Night series?), and now that all of the books are out, and I have some procrastinating to do, I’ve decided to start reading them (with huge thanks to a super good deal I got on all of them from Amazon). This book is the real introduction book, and while I usually find those to be insanely boring, this one did not fall into that category. If you read this book, and hate what you see at the beginning, KEEP READING. It gets SO much better. Reed, the main character, gets accepted into a super exclusive private school, leaving behind her old gray life, and pill popping mother. When she gets there she hopes to come out of her shell and be accepted, to be one of the girls, and to finally make friends after keeping her head down for a long, long time. She finds things are a lot more f’d up at her new school than she could have ever imagined, starting with her new boyfriend, and ending with her new “friends.”

     I am giving this book a solid 4.5 (which doesn’t really seem so solid). This book, while starting off really slow, was far more interesting than I remember it being. The book had a pretty serious feeling to it, and if what I remember, and feel, is right, it’s setting the stage for some big things to come. I like how there might be a little bit of foreshadowing in this book for what is to come with Ariana (and I hate to be that person to “look” for things in other’s writing), and I like everything about Noelle. This book was written very well; the dialogue was on point, and the characters very well developed. And now, I am dying to get started on the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment