Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A is for Abstinence by Kelly Oram

     A is for Abstinence, the sequel to V is for Virgin, was perfection. Per.Fec.Tion. It was like one big long perfect epilogue. This book took us through Kyle’s bad breakup, and him joining the abstinence team. What this book really showed was Kyle growing up. It was from his perspective, which was really a lot better than I expected, and it showed him slowly working his way towards winning Val back, and keeping her. There were a few ups and downs, and it took a lot for them to start to trust each other.
     I am giving this book a 4.5. The book ended really abruptly. I was definitely not expecting the end to actually be the end. That being said, I am really happy with the ending. While I would love to continue to read more and more about Val and Kyle, I was worried some terrible thing was going to come up after the end. I feel like I am not giving you very many details, but I don’t want to go too crazy and spoil the whole book, which pretty much leaves me useless (other than me telling you that you need to go and read this). This book had me laughing again and again. You’d think you’d get sick of Kyle at some point, but you really don’t. And I LOVED the side of him that we really got to see. It was just done really well, and I almost couldn’t be happier (I really just want to know if Val becomes the President).

No comments:

Post a Comment