Thursday, December 4, 2014

Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter


     Perfect Scoundrels, the third book in the Heist Society series, has definitely been my favorite so far. This book follows Kat and her gang as they try and find stolen prototype and plans for said prototype, which belonged to Hale’s family’s company. Kat was hired to track down the will of Hale’s recently deceased grandmother, because her maid (and best friend) believed that someone had changed it. In this they found the family lawyer up to a whole lot of no good, and a set of events to sad to go into detail over (also, I’d be spoiling a lot of moments for you). This book was much sadder than the others, too many deaths came about, but it also had a lot of happy moments. We got to meet quite a few new family members, and there were some good twists that I definitely didn’t see coming in this one. My least favorite thing that happened was that we still don’t know Hales first name (what in the hell!).

     I am giving this one as four. It had the Bagshaw boy’s humor, and a much more serious feel than the others. It could be the recently deceased, and the dealing with the death of a loved one that gave it this feel, but I also think it was much more than that. This book was deeper than the others, and I think that’s where this book went right. I loved the connection we saw between Kat and her dad, and the way he grilled Hale about Kat (there were demands for goats involved, you really need to read it). I also loved how the family (the whole family) worked together, and how they all accept Hale as one of their own. Overall, this one was a roller coaster that I am really glad I went on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment