Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

     Uncommon Criminals, the second book in the Heist series, was good. It takes place a little bit after the first one started, where Kat has been doing jobs by herself and generally making everybody mad at her (again). Then, she gets stopped by a stranger in the street and is asked to steal the Cleopatra Emerald back for her. This emerald is well known to be cursed, and after their first successful heist of it (yes, you heard me correctly, first), it seems to be that the crew might actually be a little bit cursed. This book takes you through the whole crew’s journey towards trying to steal the emerald back again, for its RIGHTFUL owner, and uncovers a lot of interesting pieces of family history, and old cons gone wrong surrounding past attempts at stealing the emerald.

     I’m giving this one a 3.5. It was good, but it didn’t have the same feeling as the first one did. The writing was still good, and the scenery was still interesting, but it just wasn’t as funny. I liked the story line in this one a lot, a little bit of history always makes me happy, and I hope that the author continues on with this theme in the next book. I’ve been partial to the WWII references (as it’s my favorite war to read anything about), and I hope she doesn’t stray too far. At the same time, I am hoping that more family secrets come out, and we that we finally get to learn Hale’s first name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment