Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Pact by Karina Halle


     The Pact, by Karina Halle, was exactly what she promised us it would be...a hot, feel good story. Linden and Steph have been friends since they were 21, and started working together at a bar with their friend James. Fast forward a few years and they're at 25, rehashing their horrible dates, when Linden first introduces the idea of a pact to get married to each other at thirty if they aren't in serious relationships. This book takes us through the years, and shows us the ups and the downs of their friendships and relationships. Then comes year thirty and its when shit starts to get real.
     I'm giving this one a four. It was fun to read (except when I was reading the extremely dirty scenes and praying someone wasn't looking over my shoulder), and it was a fast read. I think one of the most exciting things for me was how fast this book came out. One second I'm getting teaser emails from the newsletter I subscribed to (Ps you want to subscribe to her newsletter) and then one second later the book comes out (okay maybe there was a week or two in between there, but it flew by). The characters were all super lifelike and realistic. I appreciated how realistic they seemed and how often the f word was dropped. That honestly made it seem more realistic. The one part that I hated, was the shit talking on my bruins. Who even likes the sharks? (not I, that's for damn sure). It was the only part I genuinely didn't like, but that was for team loyalty reasons. Next time can they at least be Kings fans?
Amazon US Amazon UK Pre Order at Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment