Friday, December 19, 2014

Keeper by Robyn Roze


     Keeper, by Robyn Roze, was definitely a keeper (see what I did there). Like the warning on Goodreads, this book really does leave you with A LOT of unanswered questions, and a serious cliff hanger ending. This book tells the story of Olivia meeting Jake, and dealing with being in a relationship with him and running/blocking out her past. There’s definitely something really big that happened in her past, and while we get hints (I have a few speculations), we don’t get anywhere near a thumbnail of a picture of what happened to her. And then there’s Nick. At first, he seemed liked a serious villain. I think he still might be, but I just have no idea what to think of him. He’s definitely got a lot of stuff that needs to be atoned for, and I’m hoping we’ll find out what those things are and if he makes up for it in the books to come.

     I am giving this book a four. The only part about this book that I didn’t really like was the tickling. Weird, I know, but when you read it, you’ll see. It just made me feel uncomfortable, and seemed a little unrealistic. Other than that though, the story line is good. It’s definitely intense, and it’s setting up something really good for the future books, which makes it even better. The dialogue in this book really seemed on point. None of the dialogue felt stiff, or forced, and the conversations felt normal and believable. All in all, I’m super excited for the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment