Sunday, September 14, 2014

Passion by Louise Bagshawe


     Snipers, assassins, and spy craft, oh my. This book is definitely a fun, and pretty exciting read. You get to see the heroine change from a dowdy teacher into an all-around badass. You see parts of the world you never thought you’d see, and if you don’t want M16 recruiting you after you read this, you’re doing it wrong. It’s hard to give you a synopsis, without giving too much away, so I’m going to break my mold a bit and give you the back cover.

     As you can see from the wear and tear of my book, from the first picture up here, I have read this one quite a few times. It is a little bit different from most of her books (notice I said most, she has another that is quite similar that I’ll be reading again next), a little bit more adventurous, a little bit more dangerous. This was very well written, the dialogue done very nicely. I loved all of the characters in it, even the bad guys. If you can make me feel bad, and want more for the hitman that is trying to kill my main girl character in this book, then you are definitely doing something right. 
     I have to give this book a 4.5. I am not afraid to give out fives to the books that I love (I am not waiting for “the next great novel,” to change my life), and had the main character not turned into such a sappy pile of mush every once and a while, I probably would have given it a full out five. I really think Bagshawe did a great job with the characters, save for the few sappy parts of Will. I was left feeling content with the ending, happy in what I think will happen next for them. I love and hate when a book leaves me wanting more, but every once and a while an author closes it out nicely, as was done in this novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment