Saturday, September 27, 2014

More Than Him by Jay Mclean


"We live in a world of darkness and shadows, where monsters hide and aim to ruin. And they did. They ruined us and turned our dreams into nightmares. But now we’re back. And we’re fighting. Not just for us, or for each other, but for the light.”

     12 hours post Amanda and Logan…
This book was everything I wanted the follow up book to be. I was heartbroken at the end of the last book, but I understood why it had to end the way it did. This book healed those pieces of my broken heart, as well as the pieces of the character’s broken hearts. I loved (and by loved I meant I felt awful for everything the characters went through after the fact) how we saw, really saw, the effects of everything that happened to them, and how they had to work and struggle through everything they had to deal with to become whole again.

     This book is, yet again, another five (I know, I know, everything is a fucking five with me. Not true, I just read exceptionally good books). The story in this book was done very well. The author really takes you through the healing process for each of the characters, the only one we don’t get to see much of their healing process is Amanda’s brother. Even with that though, we get to see how it affects him, and how he’s still able to forgive. I loved all of the main characters in this, the little moments the smaller characters had with Amanda, and most of all, I just really loved Amanda. She’s the type of person you want to be your best friend, your sister, the person that’s there when something goes wrong. This book didn't have the type of drama that was in the previous books, it was a healing book, and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment