Monday, September 22, 2014

Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts


     Key of Light, Key of Knowledge, Key of Valor. All three of these books were very fun reads for me. As with most of the books I have been reviewing lately, I have read them quite a few times previously (I honestly just don’t have the time right now to search out new ones…soon). The books surround three women and three men and follow them on their quests to find three magical keys that will unlock a magical box entombing three souls of demi-goddesses. Seems a little out there right? Not as much as you might think. There is a lot of humor in the books, a little bit of mystery and sense of anticipation, and a whole lot of love and wonder. The author does a really good job of making you believe a little bit in magic. You come out of the books like you’d come out of a fun dream, wishing it were all real.

     I gave these books, as a whole, a four. They were, as I previously mentioned, a lot of fun to read. There were parts that I didn’t really care for, and the constant questioning of their lovers, especially in the last book, got a little annoying. As the reader, you know damn well what the last girl is supposed to do, but there wouldn’t be a book if she just did it right away. As with most Nora Roberts’s books the dialogue is sharp, funny, silly. The child in the story is adorable, as are most of the children in her stories. These books were very fast reads, I read them all in about two days (at the same time I don’t exactly have what most people would call a life). The characters were also really fun; the mom character is pretty similar to many of the other mom characters the author writes about, which could get old if I didn’t usually find them to be my favorites. Other than her, and the main group, the gods in the story are pretty wonderful. They’re everything you want in Celtic gods, and just a little bit more. Overall, these were fun, take me away from Kansas, types of books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment