Friday, April 15, 2016

Spy Girl by Jillian Dodd


What happens when you get pulled out of spy academy before graduation because you look good in a bikini?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Protect the heir to the throne of Montrovia, while uncovering the person or persons behind the plot to assassinate him in order to take over control of this geographically important sovereign nation, and eliminate the threat.  
Get close to the hottest prince on the planet and work for Black X, the double-black covert group so secret even the President of the United States is on a need-to-know basis?
I accept.
     I haven’t read a good young adult book probably since the last one I read by Jillian Dodd. This woman knows how to write 'em. I was lucky enough to have today off, and to be waiting super impatiently for FedEx to bring me my Xbox, and I read this book in its entirety. I was nearing the end when FedEx finally showed up, and even for them I wouldn’t put it down. Now I love me a good young adult spy novel, and this one definitely didn’t disappoint. The only thing that sucks is that it’s got another story that’s coming out later on, and I probably would have waited to read this one had I known that. I loved Huntley. I loved her badassery, and how she was relatable but not, because, HELLO, she’s a spy, she’s not supposed to be. I loved how she was a little bit promiscuous and not at all sorry about it.
     This book was definitely a four. It was a fun, fast read and I loved it. Everything I’ve read by Jillian Dodd makes me stupid happy, and this book was no different. There wasn’t exactly a cliff hanger, but there was in the sense that we still don’t know what's on that locket, what happened with her and Daniel, or what’s going to happen with her and the Prince. The next book needs to come out now please.

No comments:

Post a Comment