Sunday, April 10, 2016

Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland


He was someone who belonged in my wildest fantasies instead of a rest stop in the middle of Nebraska.
A sexy, cocky, Australian named Chance was the last person I expected to run into on my cross-country drive.
When my car broke down, we made a deal. Next thing I knew, we were traveling together, spending sexually-tense nights in hotels and taking unplanned detours.
My ordinary road trip turned into the adventure of a lifetime. It was all fun and games until things got intense.
I wanted him, but Chance wouldn’t made a move. I thought he wanted me too, but something was holding him back.
I wasn’t supposed to fall for the cocky bastard, especially when I knew we’d be going our separate ways.
All good things must come to end, right?
Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.
     So, I know I am way behind on the Penelope and Vi Keeland train. I’ve read all the others, but for some reason, in between school, moving back up north, life (who knows, I have no excuse), I hadn’t gotten to this book yet. But at the North Shore signing event, I saw this book and was like YUP I NEEDS IT, IT IS GOING TO BE MINE!  And then I remembered I just went to Lush and got me some new bath bombs, and what more do really need to justify a book purchase (quite frankly I never question a Penelope book purchase)? I got home from the signing, immediately broke out said bath bomb, the newly, beautifully signed book (I could cherish it and put it on a shelf never to be touched, but books are meant to be read and loved), and sunk my teeth into this monster. I never came up for air. I haven’t read a book straight through in…I’m honestly not sure how long. It has been over a year since I have been able to do that. I just don’t have that kind of time anymore (not even for the books, my one true love). The characters in this books were adorable and sassy and just so real. You could feel the tension dripping from the pages and I loved it. Who hasn’t had that sense of wanting someone you can’t have, of having that tension build up in such a small enclosed space over time? The authors painted that so well in this book, it was perfect. I LOVED THE GOAT!!!! OMG THAT GOAT WAS SO FREAKING CUTE I JUST CAN’T EVEN!!!! It was the perfect addition to this book. I loved how we got to see two perspectives. We got to see both of the character’s pain and desires and what they went through to get through to the other.
     This book was a five. There wasn’t anything too ridiculous about it (other than the goat that I love and now I NEED one) that made it completely unrealistic. It was, for me at least, impossible to put down, which felt amazing after so long of being unable to have the opportunity to do that. I loved the characters and the tension between them. The writing was beautiful, and, as an added bonus, this book didn’t make me cry once, and lord knows I’m a giant blubbering idiot.


No comments:

Post a Comment