Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Unseen Messages by Pepper Winters

Unseen Messages
“Instincts are what keep us safe from fate. Ignoring them can change your life forever.”
Fame and fortune arrived overnight and months on the road with her singing tour, all Estelle craves is peace. Tired and ready for paradise, she travels to Fiji to recuperate.
Stubborn and surly, Galloway is avoided by most-which is exactly the way he likes it. However, he’s done spending his life in regret and hopes to find redemption in the tropical wilderness.
Together, they board the flight that changes their fate forever. Crash landing on a deserted island, they not only have to figure out how to survive with no skills and daily dangers-learning how to fish, find water, and build shelter-but also inherit two children who look upon them to keep them alive.
However, staying alive might be the least of Galloway and Estelle’s problems. As the days creep to months and rescue doesn’t find them, their desire for each other ignites.
They started as strangers.
They grew to be friends.
They fought the desire to be lovers.
Lust can be the most beautiful thing. Love the most rewarding. But not on an island where life hangs by a thread and giving into temptation can kill you.
Can they survive being forgotten or will love be their ultimate undoing?

     I was lucky enough to be chosen to receive an ARC of this book, but then I fucked up and gave the author the wrong kindle address (like a giant idiot). I wasn’t about to be that jerk either; plus, I had pre-ordered it, so when it finally came live, and I finished all my homework, you know I got right down to business. This book was unlike a lot of other Pepper Winter books I’ve read before. I love everything she does, and this one was absolutely no exception. I know it has been far too long since I’ve taken the time to review anything. This one was well worth carving out some time (I’m not gonna lie, I kinda missed this). Let us get to it though. I loved these characters. All of them. Not one of them pissed me off or had any flaws that can sometimes really irritate me in a character. What these people went through on that island, what they did to survive, reading it all was just incredible. It really made look at life a little differently, which isn’t something a lot books make you do. (Thumbs up Winters) Of course the love story in here was beautiful, and god, I don’t want to give any spoilers out, but WTF. WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO US!?!?!?!? There were some pretty heart wrenching parts that were really awful and I just hated, and I mean that in the best way possible. They made the book what it was.
     This book was, hands down, a five. I can barely stay up past 10 at night anymore, and I was reading this until 2:30 in morning, balling my eyes out, cursing the author’s name a few times. The writing and the characters and the story and everything was perfect. It was different, and it was terrifying to think of this happening to you. To wonder if you could survive that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment