Thursday, April 14, 2016

Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward


It started out like any other morning on the train. Until I became instantly mesmerized by the guy sitting across the aisle. He was barking at someone on his phone like he ruled the world. Who did the stuck-up suit think he was…God? Actually, he looked like a God. That was about it. When his stop came, he got up suddenly and left. So suddenly, he dropped his phone on the way out. I might have picked it up. I might have gone through all of his photos and called some of the numbers. I might have held onto the mystery man’s phone for days-until I finally conjured up the courage to return it. When I traipsed my ass across town to his fancy company, he refused to see me. So, I left the phone on the empty desk outside the arrogant jerk’s office. I might have also left behind a dirty picture on it first though. I didn’t expect him to text back. I didn’t expect our exchanges to be hot as hell. I didn’t expect to fall for him-all before we even met. The two of us couldn’t have been any more different. Yet, you know what they say about opposites. When we finally come face to face, we found out opposites sometimes do more than attract-we consumed each other. Nothing could have prepared me for the ride he took me on. And I certainly wasn’t prepared for where I’d wind up when the ride was over. All good things must come to an end right? Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.
     In truth, the book blurb was a little misleading. For the most part, it gives you a pretty good summary, but it makes it seem like they’re spending a lot more time texting and falling in love that way than how it happens in the book (not a spoiler because HELLO THEY TELL YOU IN THE BLURB!). That’s my only real issue though. This book was seriously hilarious. The back and forth between Soraya and Graham in the advice column were some of my favorite parts, and they never ceased to make me actually laugh out loud a whole bunch. Also, can I just say HOW FUCKING EXCITED I WAS THAT THE GOAT WAS BACK IN THIS BOOK!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Pixie the goat, in all his glory, made a brief and wondiferous (it is a word that I am using because it’s my blog and I do what I want) appearance, and I could not have been more pleased. I literally squealed in joy. It would have embarrassing if I was around people. Aside from the humorous banter between the characters, there was a lot of deep rooted anxieties from past issues that gave the characters that sense of realness that I always love to find. One thing the blurb was definitely not misleading on was the sexual content in this book, it was there, and it was done all kinds of well.
     This book was a four and half for me. The characters were pretty great, and I loved how much I laughed in this book. It felt nice to have a book leaving me laughing rather than crying, and the sex was well…fire. Overall, it was very cute. I liked the drama, even though I felt like there was never any point where you didn’t actually know what was going to happen. And then there was Pixie the Goat, who will always have a forever place in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment