Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I'm Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid

You will be scared. But you won't know why...I'm thinking of ending things. Once this thought arrives, it stays. It sticks. It lingers. It's always there. Always.
Jake once said, "Sometimes a thought is closer to the truth, to reality, than an action. You can say anything, you can do anything, but you can't fake a thought."
And here's what I'm thinking: I don't want to be here.
In this deeply suspenseful and irresistibly unnerving debut novel, a man and his girlfriend are on their way to a secluded farm. When the two take an unexpected detour, she is left stranded in a deserted high school, wondering if there is any escape at all. What follows is a twisted unraveling that will haunt you long after the last page is turned.

     Holy Shit!! This book was something. The creep factor jumps out at you right away. The author did a great job at setting the tone at a creepy level from the get go, and I honestly can't even tell you how. It was impressive. I was enjoying this book outside on my porch, until it started to get dark out (and then my pansy ass scooted right inside). This book looks at so many different aspects of life and relationships; it really makes you take a deeper look at yourself, which isn't something you expect when you pick this up. There were so many passages that I stopped and read over and over because I loved them, and felt like (I am about to sound like the biggest cliche here) the author was talking to me directly, like he got me. This is a man that clearly understands the intricacies of life, the ups and downs, and what goes into to making people who they are.

     This book was a stand out five. I can't even tell you anything about it because it was just so crazy, and I don't want to give anything away. This is one of those books that you HAVE TO READ RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I read it in one sitting. Could not put it down.
Amazon US Amazon UK Amazon CA Barnes & Noble Books A Million

No comments:

Post a Comment