Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Falling Away by Penelope Douglas

     Falling Away, by the torturous Penelope Douglas (I only say this because we have to wait for the next book for practically ever), was perfect. This book takes us through the very tumultuous relationship of KC and Jax. KC has quite the story to tell, and so does Jax. Both of them are fighting their pasts to try and make a better future, maybe together, maybe not. You think Tate and Jared are volatile in Bully? You really haven’t seen anything yet. KC gets into some trouble and has to head back to her hometown to serve her community service. Jax never left. They meet and sparks just fly all over the place. The only problem is if those sparks will lead to a fire and destroy everything in their paths.

     I am giving this book a gigantic five. Unlike the other books, the music didn’t bother me at all. I think I’ve grown accustomed to the music selection in the books, and it seems to fit the characters. The characters in this book were not at all what I expected them to be. When I was excited for this series, I was more excited to read about Jax than about KC. Turns out I loved KC the most. The relationship between Jax and KC was volatile and beautiful at the same time. The intensity that we’ve seen in the author’s other books was just as prevalent in this book. There’s not much I can say in this review without giving away too much from the book. I can only tell you that you need to read it to believe it, and that every time I type out the name KC I feel like an awful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment