Monday, February 23, 2015

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover


     Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop “carving pumpkins.”

     FIVE FIVE FIVE!!!!! Reading Nicholas Sparks books have scarred me. I was almost extremely traumatized by what I thought might happen in this book, because of how his books have hurt me (he’s good, but he hurts my heart with his books). Thankfully, I was reading Colleen Hoover who always manages to make me happy after causing me to leak profusely from my eyes. This book was the perfect follow up to Slammed. I loved getting to read more of Will’s and Layken’s story. There were quite a few sad/shaky/terrifying parts in this book, and I wasn’t sure what was going to happen. I’m not sure if this is a spoiler, but Layken doesn’t get amnesia (see what I mean about Nicholas Sparks ruining me?!). That is all I will say about that. I love how they’re really just the perfect parents, especially considering their situation, and I love the family of friends that they’ve built. I wish I could read more about Eddie and Gavin, but I am so happy with what I got, and I loved every second of what was there for them. I have to start carving pumpkins about this book, or I’ll be giving it all away, but leave this review knowing the book is a butterflying good read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment