Friday, February 6, 2015

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

     Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase-packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor. Willem is everything she's not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson's life. 
    This book was beautiful. It gets a five, a very deserving five from me. The ending wasn't at all what I expected, and I was beyond grateful for that. I was mentally preparing myself to ball my eyes out and hate everyone (because I was maybe planning on finishing this one at work); luckily this was not necessary. If you didn't believe in love or the power of a lost-love story before this book, you're definitely going to change your mind after. I can honestly say that I might die if I don't someday find myself in Paris eating a macaroon. The stories of the people she met, especially those involving the macaroons, were some of my favorites. It made me like people, in general, a little bit more. This is strangely a feel good book, and if you read it you'll understand why it's strangely that it is a happy book.
Amazon US Amazon UK Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment